Re: [Phys-L] Purcell Text on Electricity and Magnetism

Free PDF download:

https://ia801904.us.archive.org/28/items/ElectricityAndMagnetismPurcell_201701/PurcellE.M.ElectricityAndMagnetism-BerkeleyPhysicsCourseVolumeIi2rdEd.Mcgraw-hill1985.pdf

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
treborsciamanda@gmail.com
www.sciamanda.com

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 12:32 PM, John Denker via Phys-l <
phys-l@mail.phys-l.org> wrote:

On 04/25/2018 09:21 AM, Marc Reif via Phys-l wrote:

I am interested in purchasing this Electricity and Magnetism text by
Edward
Purcell

I can find used copies of Volume 2 and an edition without a specification
of Volume, but I do not find a Volume 1 for sale anywhere.

Can anyone advise me on this purchase? Do I need both Volume 1 and 2?
Does
the book that does not specify the volume include both Vol. 1 and Vol. 2?

Volume 1 of the *Berkeley Physics Series* is _Mechanics_, by Kittel
Volume 2 of the *Berkeley Physics Series* is _Electricity and Magnetism_,
by Purcell
Volume 3 of the *Berkeley Physics Series* is _Waves_ by Crawford
Volume 4 of the *Berkeley Physics Series* is _Quantum Physics_ by Wichmann
Volume 5 of the *Berkeley Physics Series* is _Statistical Physics_ by Reif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Physics_Course