[Phys-L] Semester length and course structure

Good evening,

This is perhaps a bit different from the usual type of question asked
here, but my college is about to switch from a 15 week semester to a
12 week semester combined with a 3 week mini-term in which students
take one, intensive, 3-credit class at a time. Does anyone here teach
at a school that has such a schedule? I would be interested to hear
stories about how you made it work for better physics instruction, or
if you have any horror stories that suggest what to avoid trying. I
have some ideas about short lab classes and computational physics
projects, but I would love to hear about what others have tried. If
this forum isn't the right venue for that conversation, I would
welcome emails sent directly to me.

Thank you in advance,
--
Donald Smith