From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org] On Behalf Of bernard cleyet
Sent: Friday, February 2, 2018 12:38 PM
To: phys-l@phys-l.org
Subject: [Phys-L] thermometry

The current discussion on internal energy has me puzzled about the accuracy of measuring temperature depending on expansion. Is not expansion non-linear? Are expansion methods comparable to non-expansion methods (speed of sound- E-M radiation, etc.) comparable, because the the expansion is small, so a linear “first term” is “OK”???

bc

Dr. Keith S. Taber
Professor of Science Education
University of Cambridge

Editor: Chemistry Education Research and Practice
(Published by the Royal Society of Chemistry)
http://www.rsc.org/publishing/journals/rp/about.asp

Planned theme issues:

2018: Learning progressions and teaching sequences in chemistry education

2019: Visualisations and representations in chemistry education

Book Reviews Editor: Studies in Science Education
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/03057267.asp

Editor-in-Chief: RSC Advances in Chemistry Education Series
Royal Society of Chemistry Book Series
Proposals for Advances in Chemistry Education volumes (edited or monograph) are invited. Scholarly books on all aspects of chemistry education are being considered for publication in the series ( http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/kst24/KeithSTaber/Advances.html )

Science Education Centre
University of Cambridge Faculty of Education
184 Hills Road
Cambridge CB2 8PQ
United Kingdom

http://www.educ.cam.ac.uk/staff/taber.html

ECLIPSE -
Exploring Conceptual Learning, Integration and Progression
in Science Education
http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/kst24/ECLIPSE/Welcome.html

Object to the inclusion of butchery products in UK banknotes: https://tinyurl.com/y8dv6erc