Re: [Phys-L] My 2 cents re: irresistible forces and immovable objects.

Thanks for putting this into a mathematical form which I can relate to and clearly understand.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Bob
Sciamanda via Phys-l
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:48 PM

I might reword the question as:
In the one dimensional Newtonian 2nd law (A = F/M), what is A if both F and
M increase without limit? The answer is that A is undefined unless one
specifies just how F and M increase. Physically and mathematically, this
limiting process implies some mechanism which controls the increasing F and
M values and their relative rate of increase. Of course this unending process
is purely mathematical - at any real step in the process (and in the
mathematical limit) F and M have definite magnitudes and A = F/M is well
defined.