[Phys-L] First notice of "shut down" and Re: Figuring Physics solution Jan 2018

While searching for the relationship of surface tension and evaporation.

Because of a lapse in government funding, the information on this website may not be up to date, transactions submitted via the website may not be processed, and the agency may not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted.
The NIH Clinical Center (the research hospital of NIH) is open. For more details about its operating status, please visit cc.nih.gov <http://cc.nih.gov/>.
Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at USA.gov <http://usa.gov/>.

I might get my answer here. (Much plowing necessary.)

Several important phenomenological relations dealing with therrnophysical properties of liquids are collected. It is shown that the Laplace ratio between the surface energy and the latent heat improves substantially if we add a volume-expansion term to the surface energy.

https://journals-aps-org.oca.ucsc.edu/pra/pdf/10.1103/PhysRevA.46.2166

suggested expt: rate of evaporation and cooling rate w/ & w/o surfactant. use fan