Re: [Phys-L] e/m apparatus

I have the second one, and it gives abysmal results.

It is VERY finicky about orientation to the Earth's mag. fld. However,
even with very careful alignment, it gives great visuals but bad results.
I used several different power supplies, killed all external fields that I
could by shutting down the electric in all benches but the one we were
using, etc. -- still not good.

I even had 2 of our Adjuncts try it. I said I was having trouble and could
they set it up and see what they got. Same results.

Finally I used the 'known' and worked backwards, and the built-in scale
seems to be the culprit. Irksome, to say the least, for that kind of money.

Hope that helps,
Peter Schoch
Sussex County Community College