Re: [Phys-L] e/m apparatus

On 2017/Jun/02, at 14:38, Larry Smith <larry.smith@snow.edu> wrote:

Does anyone have experience with either of these SargentWelch e/m apparatuses?
https://www.sargentwelch.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=15087604
https://www.sargentwelch.com/store/product/8869915/circular-orbit-e-m

They differ in price by $1000 and the cheaper one includes the power supply (so the difference is really more than $1000).
Would a difference in pedagogical effectiveness make up for the large difference in price?

Thanks,
Larry