Re: [Phys-L] true or false questions

When discussing T/F, the devil is in the details. Consider the
following dilemma:

++ T/F questions wouldn't be so bad if the test-takers showed
their work, and were graded thereon.

-- I assume the selling point for T/F exams is that they are
easy to grade.

This dilemma is crucial to any discussion of T/F questions, as
you can see from the following: Several of the Millenium Prize
problems are true-false propositions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Prize_Problems
You can win a million dollars apiece for answering them.
However, that does not mean you have a 50/50 shot, because you
have to show the work. Not so easy.