Re: [Phys-L] Advertising my book

Kyle,
- Do you have a section on human hearing and a treatment of how today's
ordinary sound levels of bands, earbuds, lawnmowers etc can cause (usually
only) bits of permanent hearing loss with each exposure.
- For example, a 15 minute exposure at 100 decibels will cause a little bit
of permanent hearing loss in a healthy adult. This is the level at which
adjacent persons begin to become unable to converse unless they yell at
each other.
- We do include one experiment on human hearing for our non-STEM physics of
music course.
Bill Norwood, U of MD at College Park

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Forinash III, Kyle <kforinas@ius.edu>