Re: [Phys-L] Phys-L: Updating the Archives

Mark (and others interested in PHYS-L history),

To the best of my knowledge:

PHYS-L dates to 1987 run by Dick Smith from UWF on BITNET; see
<http://physicsed.buffalostate.edu/pubs/TPT/TPTApr00ElecComs.pdf <http://physicsed.buffalostate.edu/pubs/TPT/TPTApr00ElecComs.pdf>>.
This predates my own subscription starting about 1988-9.

Dick received the AAPT Distinguished Service Citation in 2003 for his
PHYS-L service
<http://physicsed.buffalostate.edu/PHYS-L/dsmith/SmithOrigNom.html <http://physicsed.buffalostate.edu/PHYS-L/dsmith/SmithOrigNom.html>>
<https://www.aapt.org/Programs/awards/dscitations.cfm <https://www.aapt.org/Programs/awards/dscitations.cfm>>

I am not aware of any PHYS-L archives predating Feb 96 still in existence. If
anyone has BITNET archival access that might be a place to look.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
SAMC278 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 1-716-909-2233 (vm)
<danmacisaac@gmail.com> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>

On Sabbatical until July 2018 at <http://www.physikdidaktik.uni-koeln.de/>
Gastwissenschaftler, Institut für Physikdidaktik, Universität zu Köln
Raum 2.131A, Gronewaldstraße 2, 50931 Köln-Lindenthal, GERMANY
+49 (0) 163 401 0307