Re: [Phys-L] electron microscope rehab

Hello,

Well, we spent a long time today pulling the covers off and cleaning...

Neither myself or my colleague can find a vacuum attachment on the thing!
We did find a lot of asbestos covered wires with cracking insulation, dirt,
and some other things that don't exactly match the website model/image.
We're not sure if it was retrofitted or just an earlier model. All-in-all,
though, I think we've come to the decision that John D's suggestion is
definitely best -- mine what we can, scrap the rest and build one from
scratch. The asbestos alone is going to add to our HAZMAT pickup allotment.

Thanks again, everyone!

Peter

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 12:56 PM, brian whatcott <betwys1@sbcglobal.net>