[Phys-L] A beautiful (short) demo for sound and waves...

Slip - stick - Definitely not a sine wave! Nice video.

Dan

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:11:16 -0700
From: "Derek McKenzie" <derek@physicsfootnotes.com>
To: phys-l@phys-l.org
Subject: [Phys-L] A beautiful (short) demo for sound and waves...

When my 9 year old daughter didn't believe that the musical instruments
she practices so diligently all work by vibrations, I showed her this
superb slow motion footage of a vibrating violin string...

http://physicsfootnotes.com/physl-vibrating-string

It seemed to do the trick, as she then played the whole video through
several times over ;-)

It is definitely worth showing your class the whole mesmerizing video
(it's only a few minutes long).

Cheers,

Derek

Derek McKenzie