Re: [Phys-L] nature +- observations +- models

Perhaps I am guilty of being doggedly something, but - there is no sense in
which a model can BE reality. A model, ultimately, is a mental construct -
and, I'm sorry, but I might be doggedly repeating myself, but it is an
ontological fact that a mental construct cannot BE reality. Kant has a lot
to say about this in his Critiques, but this is probably not the place to
delve into epistemology. I've clearly said enough.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Richard Tarara <rtarara@saintmarys.edu>