Re: [Phys-L] inertia and the tablecloth demo

As I stated before, my students (regular and honors) find forces to be the
hardest topic. The third law is particularly challenging. A book rests on a
table. If the book's weight (true weight, mg) is the action force, then the
reaction force is the ___ on the ____ acting _____. Nobody gets this right!

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Derek McKenzie <derek@physicsfootnotes.com>