Re: [Phys-L] inertia and the tablecloth demo

Sure, but most (if not all) of the physics we do at the introductory level (which is the only time that 'inertia' might be mentioned since it is a term some students have heard or might even have been taught in HS) is done in a 'lab-based' frame. This list has drifted towards the more 'exotic' realms over the years, but the intro course...especially for non-science majors...is still my main interest (even in retirement).

rwt