Re: [Phys-L] inertia and the tablecloth demo

I like that Mythbusters video/explanation!

I often show this fake video (water slide jump) to my students:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwh4ZaxHIA

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Leon de Oliveira <leondeolive@gmail.com>
wrote:

Mythbusters did a good piece on this and ended up showing a way to make the
video. I would start with the faked video and have a discussion on whether
it was real or not. Maybe have them do some trials and experiments and come
up with reasons for their stance. Maybe discuss scaling and then show the
Top Gear clip. Discuss any changes in their perceptions and discuss any
changes in the experiment that could get them the results in the video. Run
the first part of the Mythbusters clip and then check back with them. Then
finish the Mythbusters clip to show how they did the "stunt".

Mythbusters clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK1ci50DUgc

Leon

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 8:26 AM Bill Norwood <bnorwood111@gmail.com>