Re: [Phys-L] another DIY relativity experiment

I wrote:

"2) If you compare ALL the changes occurring on a ship in a strong
gravitational field to the "same" type changes on a ship in gravity free
space, you will measure a relative slow down (GR)."
I do have a serious problem with this statement. It is that the rate of some changes are, by their physics, already dependent on the strength of local gravity. For instance, a clock whose period is determined by a pendulum would not even work on the ship which is in gravity free space! So the above statement opens the question of how it applies to phenomena whose physics of time evolution includes a dependence on gravity apart from any relativistic effects? I am not at all a GR expert - I am confused!

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (Em)
treborsci@verizon.net
www.sciamanda.com