[Phys-L] another DIY relativity experiment

Some of you are aware that I work with GPS, precise timekeeping, and atomic clocks as a hobby. Here's a note I've been sending out today that may be of interest to some Phys-L members.

----

Wednesday night (May 18) look for a TV show on National Geographic or PBS called "Genius by Stephen Hawking". Episode 1: Can We Time Travel?

I've not seen the show yet and it may have too high of an entertainment to hard science ratio for most of us here, but the part about the Mt Lemmon (AZ) atomic clock experiment demonstrating gravitational time dilation is real. I know because I did the experiment for them.

PBS info here:
http://www.pbs.org/genius-by-stephen-hawking/episodes/episode-1/

Some background on the experiment:
http://LeapSecond.com/great2016a/

And more photos and technical information:
http://LeapSecond.com/great2016a/photos.htm

Let me know (on-list or off-list) if you have any questions.

Thanks,
/tvb
www.LeapSecond.com