Re: [Phys-L] gravitational waves

On 04/19/2016 10:16 AM, William Katzman wrote:

All models are imperfect. Approximations are absolutely necessary.
However this does not give us a license to use the first wacko
model that comes to mind.

And this type of terminology - calling things “wacko” is an ad-hoc attack that is exactly why people get turned off of this list - it is immature and really diminishes the conversation.

I use Geodesics certainly in my explanations, as I use the ripples on the pond analogy and yes, the “wacko” trampoline analogy.