Re: [Phys-L] GRAVITON was gravitational waves

That's a beautiful statement, Bob. I printed it out and taped it to my wall.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@www.phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Bob
Sciamanda
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:28 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Cc: Bob
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] GRAVITON was gravitational waves

In developing the Physics of our classical, macroscopic world we begin with
the conceptual models fashioned by our sensory apparatus and construct
mathematical models to calculate properties and behaviors. In developing
the Physics of the unseen submicroscopic world we begin by constructing
mathematical models (QM) to calculate observed properties and behaviors.
It is tempting, and natural, to then construct conceptual models of the
unseen realities. These are a product of our thinking habits and must be
considered metaphors.

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (Em)
treborsci@verizon.net