Re: [Phys-L] simulation of "bonding"

I was referring to particles that have the same average KE as the medium BEFORE the bonding. After the bonding the KE and PE is more or less fixed (not completely temperature dependent). The bonding energy is related to the KE before and after in these simulations. Therefore, the temperature is a factor.

However, the model is good for qualitative predictions of heating and cooling when water condenses and evaporates.

Bob at PC
From: Phys-l <phys-l-bounces@www.phys-l.org> on behalf of Robert Cohen <Robert.Cohen@po-box.esu.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 4, 2016 6:06 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] simulation of "bonding"

Interesting point, thanks. I'm not sure I fully understand though. Are you saying that the KE that the pair has after the bonding (compared to the potential energy that was lost) is not reflective of the real bonding process? Or is it that the final KE of the pair in the simulation (on order of 1/50 of the initial potential energy) would be even smaller in a real bonding process because there would be more than just 100 particles making up the environment?

Robert Cohen Department of Physics East Stroudsburg University
570.422.3428 http://quantum.esu.edu/~bbq East Stroudsburg, PA 18301