[Phys-L] Simulation on polarization

Hello,

a student wanted to understand the following situation: when unpolarized light passes through a polarizer, 50% of the intensity passes through regardless of the orientation of the polarizer. I gave her two explanations. However, she felt that it would help to see a simulation on the situation.
Subsequently, I found the following YouTube presentation which was the student (and I as well) found helpful:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YkfEft4p-w>.

Regards,

Antti Savinainen, PhD
Finland
Viesti on tarkastettu roskapostinsuodatus- ja virustorjuntaohjelmistolla.
Tarkastuksesta huolimatta noudata asianmukaista varovaisuutta liitetiedostoja avatessasi.