[Phys-L] DFT help

People!

I wish some help in finding the spectrum of a complex harmonic oscillator. (2) The FFT I’ve used is inadequate, as, I think, it’s too coarse, doesn’t use all the data?

The input(1) can be hundreds of periods, if necessary, of the fundamental. And the “resolution” easily 1e5 data points / period. The product of the number of periods and the “resolution” is limited to about 1e3 X 1e6. (i.e. 1e9 data points).

Anyone out there done this? In C++ if possible.

(1) time series: time; position.
(2) slightly non-linear, driven, and w/ quadratic dissipation The oscillator is “in equilibrium” (dissipation = drive).

bc doesn’t want to plow through Numerical Recipes.