Re: [Phys-L] Temperature for the calorie?

The 'calorie' is defined at many temperatures.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie

The thermodynamic calorie is 4.184 J/(g K)

Because of its definition, the calorie is also the heat capacity of
water. The average from 0 to 100 °C is 4.190 J/(g K)

Note: I prefer units of Kelvin. If you ask students why celsius here
but not in other thermodynamic calculations, many don't know why. It
is because it is a temperature *change*.

Dr. Roy Jensen
Lecturer, Chemistry
W5-19, University of Alberta
780.248.1808