[Phys-L] Is this lovely video a demonstration of a Faraday Cage or something else?

Some time ago I stumbled across a beautiful little video showing
high-voltage cable inspectors crawling along active power lines,
courtesy of a helicopter and a wire-mesh suit. The video describes this
in terms of a Faraday Cage, but when I repeated this assertion someone
corrected me online with the brief comment to the effect that this is
just the *opposite* of a Faraday Cage. Unfortunately, they didn't
elaborate.

Anyway, my question is this: What are the main physics principles at
work here?

The video is very short, and well worth a watch if you haven't seen it
before: http://physicsfootnotes.com/hv-cable-inspector/

I'll add a more detailed explanation to it after I'm confident with my
own understanding of what's going on.

Thanks very much.

Derek McKenzie
PhysicsFootnotes.com