Re: [Phys-L] Charge invariance

Bob,
  Thank you for a really valuable reference.
Moses Fayngold,NJIT

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 10:43 AM, Bob Sciamanda <treborsci@verizon.net> wrote:

Let me also call to your attention ==>

“In what frame is a current-carrying conductor neutral?”, P.C. Peters,  AJP
53 (12) pg 1165, Dec 1985.

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (Em)
treborsci@verizon.net
www.sciamanda.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Moses Fayngold
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 9:09 AM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: [Phys-L] Charge invariance

Hello, all,
  I reread the recent discussion (as of Aug. 28) of charge conservation and
realized that the close topic of charge invariance may be also relevant, see
Sec. 6.3 of my book "Special Relativity and How It Works". It shows some
pitfalls even in the simplest (albeit highly idealized) model of DC in a
single straight wire. That may be of interest when teaching the
corresponding issues in a graduate or advanced undergraduate course.
  I will appreciate any comments and use them if it comes to the next
edition of the book.
Moses Fayngold,NJIT