Re: [Phys-L] field of an ellipsoidal distribution

Regarding Don P's undeservedly upbeat assessment:

Thanks for this detailed, clear, and interesting description of
the different types of latitude definitions. You must be a
great teacher!

You're welcome. But I wish my students' course/instructor evaluations were as effusively positive as yours.

Nevertheless I really wish I could do a better job proofreading what I write before sending it. I try, but I'm not very good at it when it is my own writing. In just the one post you mentioned so positively above I noticed (of course only after I had irreversibly hit the 'send' button) that I had made some embarrassing typos. Besides the relatively innocuous stuff, like some misplaced commas and accidentally misspelling 'gravitation' as 'gravitaiton', I also noticed a couple of more serious ones. In one place a word that was supposed to be 'on' ended up in the post as being 'or' thus completely garbling the sentence it was in to near incomprehensibility. But the worst one was in an equation where I messed up the argument of a function causing tan(D) to accidentally be rendered as tan(G). Any tips for better proofreading (other than just evermore re-readings prior to sending) would be appreciated.

David Bowman