Re: [Phys-L] field of an ellipsoidal distribution

One should always:
-- show the work
-- check the work
-- show the checks

In that spirit, I just now constructed a graph showing
some of what's going on with the g field of the rotating
earth. I also wrote up a few words of discussion,
including how I got the relevant data.
https://www.av8n.com/physics/weight.htm#sec-figure

The spreadsheet used to do the calculations is
available, cited therein.

It's rather a long chain of evidence, so if I just
blurt out the answer and dare you to check it, it
might take you days of work to gather up all the
data and formulas. But when I show the work, you
can proceed much more efficiently. You can pick
any one piece and spot-check it.

Checkable in practice is a big improvement over
checkable only in principle.