[Phys-L] AIP translation programme

FORD: I would put first the successful negotiations with the Soviets to retain AIP's Russian translation program, not easy in the face of determined competition from private publishers in this country and aspiring entrepreneurs in the fading Soviet empire. The most valuable contributors to this success were Martin Levin, a consultant with ties to leaders in the USSR, and AIP's own Darlene Walters (then Carlin). Our series of five Soviet–American Chaos Conferences also helped, and the still-successful journal Chaos was a result (David Campbell was an important part of both the conferences and the journal).

Questions and answers with Kenneth Ford

http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/magazine/physicstoday/news/10.1063/PT.5.3025?utm_source=Physics+Today&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5922338_Physics+Today%3a+The+week+in+Physics+4-10+July&dm_i=1Y69,3IXPE,E1OW7A,CN05S,1

bc thinks journals should be like single payer health care