Re: [Phys-L] Allan deviation

On 2015, Jul 13, , at 04:46, Bennett <bennett@oakland.edu> wrote:

The strip is the (nearly) top , and I suspected the array of rods is for
temp .comp.

I can't steal from my Niece, and her husband is bigger than me,

They also have a wall clock with pendulum, much smaller. I'm not sure
if it is real.

Very inexpensive and useful are Fedchenko type E-M drives. They use a PM on the bob and two coils w/ a transistor. One is a sense, tother the drive.

These, w/ also sold pendula, are added to silica tuning fork clocks. Like the contrefaçons, grid irons, a nostalgia?

bc reminded of the early horseless carriage with the wooden horse head urban myth.

p.s. I’ve put some pics from Matthys & Rawlings. Suspension and temperature compensation. Here:

Index of /Pendula, Horological and Otherwise/extracts_from_rawlings&Mathys

http://www.cleyet.org/Pendula,%20Horological%20and%20Otherwise/extracts_from_rawlings&Mathys/

Sorry not v. gud resolution, the text.