Re: [Phys-L] Allan deviation

I am visiting my Niece in New Jersey.

I am observing her Grandfather clock.The pendulum hangs by a very thin
brass strip, about 3/4" wide in the top 15 inches, and an array of
parallel rods below, and a large disk.

When I look from the side. the disk tends to twist, at a faster rate and
seemingly erratically.

Very Interesting!

I have taken pictures and will try to enlarge them when I get home.