[Phys-L] dispersion

A recent article (AJP) discussed dispersion in a plasma —specifically the ionosphere.

I remember from way back (ca 1959) a similar discussion in Harnwell; with an added dispersion resulting in a more real ionosphere, i.e. w/ a mag. field. Should not the writer have included this. It is dispersion, no?

any of you remember this?

bc at the time very intrigued that a wave would be rotationally separated.

p.s. I checked in my “library” and found one other like discussion. Forgot which, but likely Bleaney and Bleaney. (Forgot to check Feynman, et alii.)