Re: [Phys-L] integrity +- climate change

On 2015, Jun 11, , at 14:11, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

When I mention evidence, I realize I'm preaching to
the choir; I am not so naïve as to think that the
debate will be won or lost on the basis of evidence.
The climate-change deniers believe what they want to
believe, and no amount of evidence is going to change
that. Possibly constructive suggestion / reference:
http://www.skepticalscience.com/docs/Debunking_Handbook.pdf

Research regarding the above —" old hat" to the PER people.

"New research suggests that misinformed people rarely change their minds when presented with the facts — and often become even more attached to their beliefs. The finding raises questions about a key principle of a strong democracy: that a well-informed electorate is best."

In Politics, Sometimes The Facts Don't Matter : NPR

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128490874

bc posted first on the PER list.