Re: [Phys-L] Stubborn brain habits

but that would be because you cannot see the tie at all.

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Anthony Lapinski <alapinski@pds.org> wrote:

Interesting!

When I wear a tie, I use a mirror to put it on. Been doing this for
decades. But without the mirror, it is a bit more challenging!

Phys-L@Phys-L.org writes:
If you are right-handed, the guy you shave (in the mirror) is
left-handed.
Your brain has learned to habitually compensate for this inversion. Try
shaving (or hair grooming) while looking at your video image on your
computer (or camera) screen - this is not a mirror image, this is how
your
barber sees you. If your camera software allows, you can also
horizontally
flip this video image into your mirror image and compare your brain's

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (Em)
treborsci@verizon.net
www.sciamanda.com