Re: [Phys-L] backwards units

"a navigation error resulted from some spacecraft commands being sent in English units instead of being converted to metric." I take it the units in error were American Customary units, (which differ in some ways from English Customary units - the most noticeable being 1 US gallon = 0.8 UK gallons) and the loss of $193 million represents as much as three months remuneration for at least one investment fund manager, as reported this year.

Brian Whatcott