Re: [Phys-L] probability exercise: tack tossing

My similar? that I used when I taught HS chem. was modeling radio-decay of a small initial quantity w/ a short half life using dice. One k total; each group had a hundred. They would throw; then pick out the ones; throw again the remainder, iteratively. The data from each group then added successively on a computer, thereby, qualitatively showing the effect of number. The next day we recorded the data from Ba-137 metastable eluted from Cs 137. And Pa-233 separated from uranyl nitrate by solvent extraction.

bc