Re: [Phys-L] Typing Math Equations in Email

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Donald Polvani <dgpolvani@verizon.net> wrote:

John Denker must
be correct that the Phys-L server won't support attachments. Therefore,
there is no point in my buying MathType solely for typing equations in
outgoing Phys-L email which will be stripped off when re-transmitted by the
server.

John is correct. It has been the policy of the list to not include
either HTML or attachments. This decision is based upon security
concerns for the list members.

This was a topic for discussion when I took over hosting the list in
2006. For completeness, I include references to a couple of posts that
discuss this and the use of equations below.

[Phys-l] test : fancy symbols, utf-8 encoding
http://www.phys-l.org/archives/2006/02_2006/msg00240.html

[Phys-l] Message with an attachment sent to Phys-L
http://www.phys-l.org/archives/2007/10_2007/msg00054.html

Sincerely,
Mark Kimball, Administrator
Phys-L.org