Re: [Phys-L] Typing Math Equations in Email

I wish to thank all of you who replied to my request about whether you could
see the harmonic mean equation or not. None of you could see the equation
on the variety of devices and email programs you use. I also couldn't see
the equation when my post was sent to me by the Phys-L server, although I
had been able to see the equation when, in a separate test, it was sent
solely to and from the Verizon server I use for my email. John Denker must
be correct that the Phys-L server won't support attachments. Therefore,
there is no point in my buying MathType solely for typing equations in
outgoing Phys-L email which will be stripped off when re-transmitted by the
server.

A particular thanks to Bernard Cleyet for supplying an example of MathType
output as well as interesting measurements and discussion of the effect of a
pendulum's mass on its forced harmonic motion.