[Phys-L] re Unexpected Electro-Magnetic / Stiffness Modulus Coupling?

On the first of April, I offered a pointer (below) which demonstrated the varying coefficient of restitution of common secondary cells with their state of charge.

I later found that a Princeton study was able to show that the relation between charge and coefficient is not linear for the life of the battery. In fact, they found that the coefficient of restitution reaches its maximum while the cell still has a good fraction of its charge remaining.

Brian Whatcott

Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:04:41 -0500

Perfect science fair project!

http://tinyurl.com/o326p2o