[Phys-L] Typing Math Equations in Email

I found a program (MathType 6.9, $97 or $57 academic) which claims that you
can type an equation in it and then cut and paste the equation into MS
Outlook. Recipients do not have to have Outlook to view the equation.
However, I cut and pasted from Word 2013 for the text and equation below
this paragraph to see if that would work, since I already have Word. If you
can spare the time, would you please respond by saying whether you can or
can't view the text and equation below. I sent the email to my own account
and it worked OK in Outlook 2013 set in HTML format. Thank you.

The harmonic mean xHM of x1 and x2 is defined by:

So, the reciprocal of xHM is the arithmetic mean of the reciprocals of x1
and x2