Re: [Phys-L] Sun going around the Earth?

Its a language problem

there is nothing in "the reality" that tells you that something is going
arround other thing or viceversa.

movements are relative.

ok, its easiest to explain in one way than in other.

ok. language is important ... for the mind
how the universe computes (in which coordinate system) ? I dont know, I
cant know. It does not show us.

One major problem with teaching it this way is that (many? most?) people
are either anti-science or science illiterate, so when we show the
scientific process they say, "See, you scientists can't agree on anything
so why should we believe anything you say about (evolution... climate
change... heliocentric theory... quantum theory... fill in the blanks)."
Certain politicians are stridently adamant with their beliefs even though
they know nothing, and being a politician they are persuasive to the point
of brainwashing the populace into parroting anti-science beliefs.
Therefore, I say, why not simply take the cue from them and say what is
true with certainty. No more of the "real scientific process" of doubt and
falsify-ability. Let's just communicate better. Climate change is real and
is mostly caused by human activities. Evolution is absolutely real. The
earth goes around the sun. I am scientist and I know for sure what is true
and what these politiciana say is crap.
Period.
end of discussion.