From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@www.phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Brian Blais
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:00 AM
To: Phys-l@phys-l.org
Subject: [Phys-L] Sun going around the Earth?

So, I was having an argument with someone about establishing that the Earth goes around the Sun, and he claimed that he could write down a perfectly consistent general relativistic framework where the Sun would be going around the Earth. Not having the time, I didn't get a chance to see this done, but I was wondering whether it *could* be done - even in principle. If so, then is the geocentric model "just as good" as the heliocentric model - in the sense of "just as consistent with reality" - as opposed to the "just as convenient"
sense?

The discussion was part of a more general discussion of epistemology, which is perhaps the only time that anyone argues such things. :)

Anyone ever seen a treatment of this?

thanks,

Brian Blais