Re: [Phys-L] counter intuitive teaching

On 2015, Mar 09, , at 13:50, John Clement <clement@hal-pc.org> wrote:

People's attitudes toward this human variation is generally conditioned by
the social/religious environment. Having homosexual friends changes the
horrible homophobic attitudes to more tolerence.

A very gud example is R. Reagan.

"One reason I wonder if the quote reflects what Reagan’s views were at the time is because he was instrumental in helping to defeat a California anti-gay ballot measure in 1978. Proposition 6, also called the Briggs Initiative after GOP state Senator John Briggs, would have forbidden schools from hiring gay teachers and allowed schools to dismiss teachers who promoted homosexuality."

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2010/09/24/was-ronald-reagan-anti-gay/#ixzz3TvmehFeO

I’ve thought his stance on prop. 6 was because of his “gay” colleagues in the film industry.

bc