Re: [Phys-L] physics and football

Helium Party balloons are well worth considering.

Thin, lightweight balloons will loose their buoyancy in a few hours but slightly heftier balloons will float for a day or two.
Last time I saw a football bladder it was considerably thicker than a hefty party balloon so I would expect the deflation rate to be insignificant during even a seemingly interminable game.