Re: [Phys-L] Imagine a World Without Religion

Reminds me of the pacifists not believing in war, but enjoying the benefits
of war.
Bill Norwood, U of MD at College Park

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Jack Uretsky <jlu@anl.gov> wrote:

Is belief in the benefits of having no religions, a variety of religion?
Regards,
Jack

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015, Richard Hake wrote:

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 16:44:29 -0600
From: Richard Hake <rrhake@earthlink.net>
To: Physoc <PHYSOC@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
Cc: Phys-L <phys-l@phys-l.org>, PhysLrnR <PHYSLRNR-LIST@LISTSERV.
BUFFALO.EDU>
Subject: [Phys-L] Imagine a World Without Religion

of 08 Jan 2015, a reaction to the religion-inspired Charlie Hebdo massacre <
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Hebdo>, a reader transmitted this
provocative letter to the editor:

Imagine a World Without Religion.

No 9/11, no crusaders, no India/Pakistsan partition, no
Israeli/Palestinian wars, no Serb/Croate/Muslim mass persecutions, no
"honor killings," no bouffant-haired televangelists fleecing the gullible
for their money.

God? His big mistake was turning religion over to man.

Richard Hake, Emeritus Professor of Physics, Indiana University. LINKS
TO: Academia - <http://bit.ly/a8ixxm>; Articles - <http://bit.ly/a6M5y0>;
Blog - <http://bit.ly/9yGsXh>; Facebook - <http://on.fb.me/XI7EKm>;
GooglePlus - <http://bit.ly/KwZ6mE>; Google Scholar - <
http://bit.ly/Wz2FP3>; LinkedIn - <http://linkd.in/14uycpW>; Socratic