Re: [Phys-L] physics and potatoes

similarly, roof color, as discussed eons ago is also not accurately indicative of the ir reflection... nor is foil, if coated with cooking oil. So, let me advocate for lampblack smoked foil for high emissivity. And, keep that foil and the shinny one clean of cooking oil for this comparison. And, your control should be...

How similar this question is to the analysis of radiation barriers in insulating an attic.

there is another interesting problem. Should you tape radiator hoses with foil tape or with black tape? Actually since engine heat from outside the hose is usually much less than hot water heat inside the hose, you want black tape (hence black hoses under the hood). Better make it flat black.

Quoting Bernard Cleyet <bernard@cleyet.org>:

Yuk, writ this am and not sent.