Re: [Phys-L] force-pair question

On 01/07/2015 11:05 AM, Bob Sciamanda wrote:
In teaching motivation for the third law I have found unfailing
success in "Socratically" uncovering a scenario like ==> "Suppose I
had an object A which repelled another object B, without object A
experiencing any force. I could then fasten them in-line on the
floor of my little red wagon and magically achieve effortless and
free self-locomotion."

That's one scenario.

Here's another: Suppose the effect was not intrinsic to
the objects. Instead suppose that the object on the north
side always accelerated differently from the object on the
south side. That would have some spectacular consequences
such as
uheevpnarf gung nyjnlf fcva ppj (va gur abegurea urzvfcurer).

Hint decoder: http://www.rot13.com/