Re: [Phys-L] Late Physics Learner

On 2015, Jan 02, , at 14:50, Bill Norwood <bnorwood111@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
- I just encountered a retiree who got an advanced degree, but "forgot" to
include any physics course, and now she regrets it.
- Can anyone recommend a book that might help her to get launched, perhaps
including experiments doable using practical objects such as one might find
at home, at the gym, at the stove, at the beach, at the amusement park etc.
Thanks,
Bill Norwood, U of MD at College Park

This one(below), since a PER author, likely is also very good, but may be too advanced (demanding), as some are recommending Hewitt. I was even going to recommend Feynman et alii, in addition to PSSC, then thought also too demanding.

====================

Dear Colleagues,

Best wishes for the new year. Several people who missed the earlier webinars about my book have asked me when I would do the next one, so I scheduled another one on Jan 15 at 8 pm EDT. In the webinar I discuss the structure and philosophy of my new textbook, The Principles and Practice of Physics (Pearson 2015). You can sign up here: http://bit.ly/jan15signup.

Best wishes,

Eric

Eric Mazur
Harvard University
Area Dean of Applied Physics
Balkanski Professor of Physics and of Applied Physics

Too short? Here's why: http://emailcharter.org/

bc, likely earned the enmity of fellow NorCal-AAPT members