[Phys-L] Infinite square well experimental data?

For many years it has bugged me that we never show students any experimental data to compare to the calculated energy levels of a one-dimensional infinite square well. Does anyone know of such data? Obviously the 1-D infinite well involves many idealizations that will hold only approximately for actual physical systems, natural or fabricated. But the essential result, it seems to me, is a quantum ladder of energy levels that get farther apart as you go up. Can anyone point me to an experimental energy level diagram that has this property?

Dan Schroeder
Physics Department
Weber State University
Ogden, Utah