Re: [Phys-L] aerodynamics or style?

Bernard,
Maybe we should just consult the birds who can least afford excess drag - I
cannot fathom how some can fly 1000 miles without landing, or am I getting
this wrong?
Thanks, Bill Norwood UMCP

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Bernard Cleyet <bernardcleyet@redshift.com>
wrote:

For the aerodynamicists among us:

I read the newest Priuses have a sl. lower drag coefficients than
previous. The only obvious diff. from the previous is a sharp instead of
curved edge on the rear quarter panels. Intuitively I thought not an
improvement. Recently returning from America’s last hometown, I noticed a
new Nissan Leaf (also hybrid) with similar quarter panels.

Well?

bc notes often ‘bile companies copy each others’ styles, similar to
clothing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Grove,_California <
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Grove,_California>